Sunday, June 10, 2018

Childlike Faith

This morning at during worship service at church I observed a small child, just doing what they do. She would leave the security of her parents arms, and bounce and clap with the music, then she would wander, just a bit, look back, and return to that safety spot, close to their side. As parents, we want to see our children gain the boldness and confidence to move out from that tight spot in our arms, or close to our side, knowing that we are there for guidance and comfort when needed. The reason- this is how they grow to eventually become independent adults, and move forth into their own lives.

And as I watched her it got me thinking; I want to be like that, not afraid to step out, yet all the time, knowing that I am safe with in view and reach of my Heavenly Father. God is ever present, His eye is always on His children. When we need Him, all we have to do is to run to Him.

I know, I have those times that that I just want to stay there, in the security of His arms. And when I need this, He is there for that... but He is also there to encourage me to step out, moving into all the things that He has called me to do. 

That is what I am trying to do that with my life, I want to follow His lead and walk the path He has set out for me to walk. I want to do all that He has called me to do, and this means that I will have plenty of moments that I need to step out in Faith, knowing that He is always there for me to run to, because He is close at hand. I want to always keep moving forward, but to do this, I must keep my  heart on Him and my eyes and looking closely at Him.

His grace is so amazing, He sent His Son, Jesus, to give His life for me. Through my act of receiving Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I became a child of God, through the spirit of adoption. And as such I have the full blessings as a member of the family... 

So, I guess what I'm saying is that I want that Childlike Faith, and the confidence that comes with it.

Blessings!
Prairiemouse
A.K.A - Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment