Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Do You Dream

Do you dream? I am not talking about the visions that flow through your head while you sleep... I am talking about the big things, the things that capture your imagination... that maybe you think are impossible.

Do you dream? I hope so!!!

Sometimes we are afraid to dream, we fear disappointment, at least I do at times, I admit it.  I have had times throughout life that I was afraid to dream... I had seen to much disappointment. That being said, I have learned the joy of dreaming. Are all the things I dare to dream going to happen? Probably not, but some of them will and that's exciting!!

As a little girl, I had an amazing imagination, I could dream up all kinds of things... how the future would turn out. Has my life gone as I dreamed it would? No. But I have been blessed!! 

I always wanted a big family, I was one of 5 kids, I have 4 children, two bonus kids by marriage and 5 grandbabies... so that dream. Check.

I wanted to own a home, my house isn't big, but I do own my home, so... Check.

Image may contain: text
Found this sign at Hobby Lobby in Nov of 2018.
A dear sweet friend blessed me with it for Christmas.
I dreamed of going places, and I have. Before Glenn went home to the Lord we were blessed to go to Lake Tahoe on several occasions (a place I think is one of the most beautiful I have seen). We traveled to Los Vegas, Disneyland, Hawaii, and we took 2 cruises to Mexico; in addition we had many camp outs with the family. I have wonderful memories from those days.


When Glenn passed, my world was rocked, I wondered if I would ever dream again. By that point of my life those things I had dreamed about were for both of us together, and they could never be. The challenge was to overcome those dreams and readjust, learn to dream about my life, with out him.  It hasn't been an easy thing to learn, but through God's grace it has come, incrementally. I didn't wake up all of a sudden one day and say... "Hey, I can start dreaming again." Nope, didn't work like that.


How it did work, was a step at a time, God took me through small steps, teaching me to trust Him along the way. Guiding my path as he promised to in Proverbs 3:5-6 (Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your was acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.) God had given me the scripture Matt 19:26 that says, "With God all things are possible," during Glenn's illness, little did I realize that it would truly become the anchor in my life. 

I have held fast to that scripture and seen the Lord move in my life... in spite of the appearance of obstacles. 

In 2017 I was able to sell the manufactured home that we had bought in a manufactured home park and I purchased another one, on it's own lot... no one can raise the rent on me and price me out of my home. (That happened to a neighbor of mine.)

I have been blessed in the last almost 6 years to continue to travel and see places that I didn't think possible. I have been blessed to travel to Alaska, and drive the Al-Can Hwy with my son and his wonderful wife, I went Hawaii, and also a Mexico cruise with friends, I went to Savannah with family to see my niece graduate from college, and most recently I saw the fulfillment of a dream that I have had since I was a 10 year old child, I went to Sydney Australia and then cruised to New Zealand with my sister-in-love.

I remember once a friend said to me, if you shoot for the stars and only hit the moon, is that really a failure? ... I think not.

I still have dreams that have yet to be realized, and I have more that I am beginning to dream about doing. What will happen in reality and what will forever stay a dream, I don't know... but that's okay, I know that God is a big God and He wants the best for me. So I choose to dream and trust Him.

My heart for each of you-- Dream!!! And DREAM BIG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment