Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Do You Trust Me?


Psa 25:2 NKJV - O my God, I trust in You; Let me not be ashamed; Let not my enemies triumph over me.

Psa 25:20 NKJV - Keep my soul, and deliver me; Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You.

Psa 31:14 NKJV - But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD; I say, "You are my God."

I was talking to someone recently that is going through some things in her life, and as I was talking to her; praying with, and for her, I heard something loud and clear that I was to share with her... 4 simple words from the Lord, simply- "Do you trust Me?"

In the days since that, those 4 words have rung in my spirit and mind a lot. Yes for me in what we are walking, but much more, I believe that the Lord is speaking this to all those that call upon His Name. As Christians we say we trust in Him, but sometimes it's not til the 'rubber meets the road', so to speak that we find out if we really do. Even then we need to remind ourselves to put our trust in Him along the journey.

As human beings living in the 21st century, trust, is an interesting word. Webster's first listed definitions are:
  • A: assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something
  • B: one in which confidence is placed
The interesting part is that we don't think about the things we 'trust' in, we just accept that they will happen- we flip a switch and the light comes on. We turn the key and the car starts or the lock opens. Turn the facet on and we get water.... we just accept that when we do these things or many more like them, we will get the result that we are anticipating. Why is it that with God we don't accept that He is there at all times.

I mean, I know that we think we do, but really, do we? From what I can see we trust inanimate, or mechanically animated things far more that we trust the one who gives each of us life. He cares for us, for each detail in our lives, we are told that in Matthew 6:25-34 that we are not to worry about things, He has our lives in His hand.

We need to remember that God isn't a person, He won't fail us like people do, so we need to trust Him no matter what we see with our eyes- He sees beyond the moment, to what He has for us. He is a Father that loves His children and wants the best for them. Am I saying that life is going to be carefree, easygoing and have no challenges? No.

Look at a baby beginning to walk, do they just get up and walk perfect the first time, no, there are falls along the way, but something deep inside tells them they can do it, so they get up and try again, trusting that they will conquer the new skill and move forward. The things we go through make us who we are and help us to grow closer to Him, if we let them.

Let go, let God and Trust in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment