Monday, November 19, 2012

You Touched My Heart Today

Prov 15:2 A man has joy by the answer of his mouth, And a word spoken in due season, how good it is!

You may never realize, what you said, or when you said it, but it touched my heart. To you, maybe it was just a sentence or two, just something you shared... but it really touched me and made me smile; cry even, in a good way.

Each day of our lives, we just go about doing whatever it is that we do, just looking to get to the end of another day. This journey has caused me to be more reflective on each day, and today, another thing hit me like a lightening bolt, 'A word spoken in due season, how good it is!' I believe most people like to say kind things, but you never know when you say something to someone, it may just be- that God is moving through you to bring a smile to someone's heart.

Proverbs 18:21 "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit." 

Whether we are speaking of our own life or into others... choose life, no matter what the situation. When storms are brewing, be a light, be the thing that you want to see. Remember we ultimately get back what we are showing. If you are at a store and annoyed (as can happen when shopping this time of year) take a moment, breath, smile and be pleasant... it may surprise you how the attitudes of many people around you may change.

We can choose what to speak in all circumstances, my heart; to speak things that will bring life and joy to those around me. We can choose to be a blessing or a curse in this life, why not choose to be a blessing? This goes not just for the 'spoken' word, but for those words we 'speak' in all areas- Facebook, Twitter... where ever, remember a word spoken in due time........

And to you, the one who touched my heart-- Thank you!

Help someone step from a grey day into color...

No comments:

Post a Comment