Tuesday, April 23, 2013

In Spite of the Storm- We Will Stand

Psa 107:29 He calms the storm, so that its waves are still.


Micah 7:7 Therefore I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me.


We know that Christ is with us in the storm, we just need to remember to focus on Him and let the Lord do the work, He is able to do things in both the supernatural and for that we continue to believe and trust and also in the practical through the body of people around us. The last couple weeks have been a swirl... the storm became a major tempest, but with the strength of the Lord and the abundance of people that he has placed into our lives it is becoming navigable, the prayers of the people are holding us up when, we are feeling weak. 

Our lives have changed at a crazy pace the last couple weeks, and admittedly I wasn't ready for the speed at which they did. Quite honestly, I don't know how you could be... however, in spite of that, the Lord knew what was coming... He had already begun strengthening my spirit, and had in place a support network that is amazing.

We have been experiencing an abundance of prayer and emotional support for the last 13+ months, as well as those who have offered to help in the day to day things. I am humbled by this outpouring... It is weird to be on this side of things- but I now understand more of why, in the past, when I have asked someone that was going through a tough time,  "Is there anything I can do?" They would often respond,  "no"... it's not that it's really "no," often it's more- "I just don't know." When things start shifting, you don't know what you need, till you need it. Again, I am thankful to friends who are willing to push past my silence and my "no" until they help me to "know" and are patient for me to articulate it. Also for those who just see the need, are are there to take my arm and walk me through the moment when I am to overwhelmed to realize that I am in it... I don't know if that makes sense to everyone, but to those that God has given that gift to do for others, or have received it from others... you know.

I tried to explain it to someone this way-- You know when you are water skiing and you almost get up but instead you drop and start dragging your rear end instead... yeah that's kind of it, except you can't let go. Fortunately I am at that point where I have gotten out of the water... a bit shaky  but beginning to get a clearer perspective and a moment to think. The storm is calming and the waves will become still and until then, I now am learning in an even more obvious way- we are not alone in the boat. God has given us oarsmen to help... and I am learning to let them.

Those that know us best, know that in spite of all the craziness that we can see, underneath it all is the confidence, that we are in the Lord's hands, and that He is with us and will complete the work. We fully trust that Glenn's healing will manifest and we will do the work He has called us to do. Yes in spite of the storm, we will stand.

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much, Mary! While our circumstances are different, you have shared from my heart too on this post. God is good, All the time, and I too am holding on to His promises.

    ReplyDelete