Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hmmmm... Where to start?

Mark 10:27 But Jesus looked at them and said, "With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible." - This is the scripture that the Lord gave me when it all started.


A little over a year ago, I thought I'd start writing a blog, at that time I figured that it would focus a lot on family and family history. Well along the way, life happened. I got delayed and thought, well after the holidays... then business got busy so I again, said "after this project." So that put me to the beginning of March.

March, yeah, I guess that is where this really starts, even though that was over 6 months ago. What a month that was, my life, our family's lives were rocked in a way we never imagined; a six letter word entered our lives and personal daily vocabulary- Cancer.

A word I was familiar with, but only from an outside perspective, yes family members had dealt with it but those close to us were dealing with treatable forms, bladder that was contained, and the small ones that many people develop on their faces later in life that are removed fairly easily. I have known friends over the years that battled it, and even known a few that lost the battle, friends, extended family and my former sister in law... but even with all that, I never thought it would become quite this personal.

But personal it was, the man that I have been married to for over 30 years, and who has been a constant part of my life for even longer than that was diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer... and to the doctors a certain death sentence. The doctor said it on the first appointment, not in those words - but his words were, "I can't cure you, I can just hope to extend things." Two of the most difficult sentences I have ever heard in my life... However, God had given us a heads up, the Lord had woken Glenn a couple weeks before we were to find out and told him, not to pray for healing but for a revelation of healing, because what he was going to be facing was much bigger than we thought (we thought it was gallbladder), but that His (the Lord's) glory would be shown. So we knew that we were entering a battle, a huge one and of undetermined length from our sight, but we also knew that God was on our side, and if He is for us then who can be against us.

The day we walked out of the doctor's office, we were shocked, yes, scared but still we knew that no matter what it looked like in the natural God was with us and had our backs. He gave us a download of our part to do before we even left the parking lot, the battle was to be fought on three faces- Spiritual (prayer, word, worship and ministry as He leads); Nutritional (doing what we can to keep Glenn healthy enough to battle and handle the medicine) and Medically (following the course of care that the Doctor recommends.) Yes we still went through all the emotions and questions... do we go the naturopathic route? What about a clinic that we heard about in Mexico? How about this or that?.... We have amazing friends who all reached out to help with their knowledge... ultimately though it has been a case of let go and let God.

I will be adding to this blog more about our journey, as well as incorporating more of family and family history (my favorite hobby) as well as sharing the Joy of the Lord in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment