Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bumpy Days

Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; 'For YAH, the LORD, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.' "

Bumpy Days, that's what I call them because they remind me of driving over bumps in the road. They are those days that for one reason or another have bumpy patches in them. Sometimes it's as simple as my thoughts running the wrong direction and overtaking my emotions-- it doesn't even have to be for a long period, just 5 minutes of dropped focus can wreck havoc on me.

Other days it may be something quite major... such as last March, or June when things were very dark. Often it may be just one of those days when things are just a tad off, maybe Glenn is feeling more tired or tasks to get done begin to overwhelm me. 

They aren't always related to the current battle we are in, I think we all have bumpy days and most of the time we all get through them and move on without issue- that's a good thing. They come in all shapes and sizes, custom for each of us-- A bad day at work, or for a young mom it may be a day that the kids are all going crazy and taking you with them.

Every once in a while one hits that knocks us, as I said, maybe not a slam down, but hard enough that we feel it, we know we've hit a personal bump! If you find yourself having one of those days then remember- take a moment, pause, draw a deep breath and BREATHE! Remember the Lord is there, when you are His child, in Hebrews 13:5 we are reminded that He has said:  "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

I am thankful that I can turn to the Lord for all things, and yes, especially on the bumpy days. We are blessed to live in a day and age that we can be immersed into high quality worship at the push of a button. I love that I can bath my spirit in this and pour my heart out to God in prayer, praise and worship... and through that, I see things change. The bumps will always show up, but through God, the biggest mountain, followed by a deep canyon can become just a small speed bump, that we can get over by giving them to Him.

I remember the first time I heard the song; The Warrior Is a Child... I loved it then and it is dear to me now, because it speaks to the heart of this... in the heat of the battle we have a place we can go... Home to our Heavenly Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment